A chair is a piece of furniture consisting of a Seat, Leg, Back, and sometimes Armrests. It is used to sit on. There are chairs that are ergonomically designed for the office and chairs that are designed for gaming.
A gaming chair is a type of chair that is designed for computer gaming, as opposed to an office chair. Which is intended to be used in an office environment. Gaming chairs often have special features like Built-in Speakers and Vibration Mechanisms.
In this article, I will explain how to disassemble a basic computer gaming chair. That has no special features such as built-in speakers or vibration mechanisms.
What You Need To Be Careful
1. First, turn the chair upside-down and remove the four screws that hold the seat bottom onto the base of the chair. They’re usually marked with a large “X” or “4.” After you’ve removed these screws, you can pull off the seat bottom to reveal the seat cushion.
2. The next step is to remove all the screws holding the back of the chair onto the frame. These are typically located in several different places on each side of the chair. They’re likely to be marked with an “X,” but they could also be labeled with a number like “2” or “3.” Take note of how many screws you remove, and make sure you put them back exactly where they were.
3. After all these screws are removed, you can start pulling apart the frame of your chair. It should come apart fairly easily at this point. You may run into one or two stubborn spots where some glue or plastic is holding pieces together. If this happens, carefully use a flathead screwdriver to pry apart any stubborn pieces.
4. Once you have removed all these screws, there will be small plastic clips holding together several parts of your chair. Use a flathead screwdriver to pop apart any plastic clips, and then continue pulling apart your chair.
Before we get started with this guide, I’d like to say that I am not responsible for any damage you do to your chair. If you are unsure about anything, don’t attempt to dismantle it. It can be dangerous. Don’t ruin a good thing.
I have been asked many times how to disassemble a gaming chair and I have decided to create a little guide on how to do it so that anyone can do it in the future. As long as you follow these steps, it should be fairly easy for you to take apart your chair, whatever brand it may be.
Get Your Tools Ready
This is probably the most important step. You don’t want to start dismantling your chair and then realize you don’t have the right tools! Take everything apart slowly and make sure you know where all the screws go when reassembling them later on.
Remove The Upholstery
You will need to unscrew the upholstery to get access to the chair underneath. Simply use a screwdriver (a flat head works best) and remove all the screws. Once they are out, take off all the upholstery carefully.
Basic Components To Reassemble An Gaming Chair
The basic components to reassemble an office chair are the same for both regular and tall models:
A frame will consist of posts, casters, a base, and a cross member. This is what you hold onto when you sit down.
This is the knob that allows your seat to Recline or Tilt. The backrest will also move up and down with this mechanism.
This is where you’ll plant your tushie. It may have different materials depending on the chair’s overall style and cost.
These are for Comfort and Support for your elbows when typing or using a mouse. Some chairs have adjustable armrests that allow you to raise or lower them, move them in and out or even pivot them up or down depending on your preference.
when you sit down, this is the part of the chair that keeps your spine aligned properly so you don’t get any unnecessary back pain from being hunched over all day long. Make sure it’s sturdy enough to do its job but not so bulky that it restricts your movements while sitting at a desk all day long.
How To Disassemble The Gaming Chair?
As a gamer, you may want to know how to disassemble a computer gaming chair. It’s not difficult at all. You’ll need a Phillips Screwdriver, Flat Head Screwdriver, Hammer, and Pliers to do the job.
1. Remove the seat pad first by undoing its Velcro Straps. You should then see four screws at each corner of the seat platform that is holding it in place. Use your screwdriver to remove them and set them aside.
2. Next, check in the back of the chair and find any screws hidden behind the Wheels or Casters which are holding the base to the frame of the chair. Remove these screws as well and set them aside for future use.
3. If there are any more screws in your chair that need removing before disassembling it completely then now would be the time to do so before moving on to step four below…
4. Once you have removed all possible hardware from inside your gaming chair (including any Casters/Wheels) then you can start pulling out its foam padding using pliers..
The Second Way
1, The first thing that you have to do is to remove the pads from the back of the chair. You can use a flat-head screwdriver for this. The pads are held in place with Velcro so it will be easy to get them out.
2. Before we start taking off the cover, you should turn the chair upside down so you do not make any mess. After that, take out four screws on each leg using a Phillips head screwdriver and remove them. Keep them safe in one place as they are important since they hold the cover of the chair in place.
3. The next step is to remove the screws on the bottom of the chair’s side panel. Remove all eight screws and keep them in an organized manner so you don’t lose them.
4. Now, using your hands, push down firmly on each side of the frame until you hear a click sound. These are detachable clips that hold both sides of the frame together.
5. The last step is disassembling the rest of it by removing every part separately until you reach its inner parts and see how it works.
Reasons To Reassemble A Gaming Chair
1. One of the first things that you need to do is disassemble the chair. This will allow you to inspect all the parts for damage and also make repairs easier. If any damage is found during the inspection, then you can decide whether it needs to be replaced by surfing eBay or Amazon for parts. In most cases, though all you will need is a screwdriver and a few minutes of time to disassemble and reassemble your gaming chair.
2. You can save money by disassembling your gaming chair yourself. This is a great way to recycle your old chair or it could help you if you want to move the chair out of your house.
3. A major reason for disassembling your gaming chair is if you want to move it out of your house. It’s not practical to carry a whole chair through doors, around corners, and up and downstairs. A much better way is to take it apart and then reassemble it in its new home.
4. Another reason for disassembling a gaming chair is because you want to recycle it. You will need to take the chair apart so that it can be recycled easily.
Treatments For Computer Gaming Chairs
1. The first thing you need to do is clean your gaming chair. You should do this after every use.
2. Use warm water mixed with mild detergent and wipe the inner surface of the seat and backrest with it. This should take care of any dirt or dust on the surface of your computer gaming chair.
3. You can also use a damp cloth if you want to avoid using detergent as this might cause damage to the material of your computer gaming chair.
4. After you are done cleaning and wiping down the chair,
let it air dry before placing your computer on it again.
You need to be careful when using cleaning products on your computer gaming chair. Make sure that you read the instructions on the label carefully. So that you will be able to determine if the solution is safe for use on your particular model or not.
Tips and Tricks To Reassembling A Gaming Chair
Although there are not many things that need to be done to disassemble a computer gaming chair, here are some simple steps for your reference:
- Unplug the connecting cable from the PC.
- Insert a screwdriver into the holes on the Armrests, and Pry them off.
- Remove the screws on the base of your chair, and pull it up to take out the cushion.
- Detach the remaining parts in order.
- Wash your chair and let it dry out well before you use it again.